What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools. The Government gives this money to our school to help our children, from lower income families, to achieve their very best. Children receive Pupil Premium if they are in receipt of Free School Meals or have qualified for Free School Meals at any time in the past six years, this is classed as Ever 6.
Who is eligible?
Your child may be entitled to Free School Meals if you receive any of the following:
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Please contact the school office if you think your child may eligible.
Please note, in addition, all children in Reception, Years 1 and 2 are entitled to a Universal Infant Free School Meal this is separate to Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
How do we use the Pupil Premium funding?
The additional funding allows us to provide an even better education for your child through the purchase of additional resources or staff to support learning.
We use it to reduce the cost of some after school activities e.g. dance club or curriculum enrichment opportunities e.g. guitar lessons.
We use the funding to help with the cost of day trips and residential visits.
Please see the Pupil Premium Strategy 2021 -2024 for additional information.